Ensuring high indoor air quality isn’t only important for comfort, but also for general wellness. Exhausting stale indoor air helps remove odors, contaminants and allergens, while bringing fresh, outside air in a building helps dilute any remaining impurities. At Mitsubishi Electric Trane HVAC US (METUS), we’re always improving our systems with new innovations that benefit our customers and meet updated code requirements.
That’s why we’re pleased to introduce the next generation of Lossnay® units, the RVX. This high-performance Energy Recovery Ventilator (ERV) improves comfort and efficiency by tempering the incoming outside air with heat recovered from the exhaust air stream before supplying it to the space. The RVX can also use external input signals to adjust fan speeds for demand-control ventilation applications. This product update helps meet new energy codes in states such as Washington, but can benefit any building.
Lossnay is a total heat-exchange ventilation system that uses a low-maintenance cross-flow energy-exchange core consisting of a specially-treated, cellulose-fiber membrane to perform temperature (sensible heat) and humidity (latent heat) exchange. The Lossnay RVX helps building owners, engineers and architects meet ventilation requirements and increases indoor air quality.
- High-efficiency DC motor requiring less than 1 watt per CFM (W/CFM) at all fan speeds and less than 0.5 W/CFM at 3 fan speeds
- Can be used in conjunction with an external CO2 sensor to vary air volume
- Default fan speeds can each be adjusted slightly to 4 different levels
- Available in 300, 470, 600 and 1200 CFM airflow volumes
- Minimal cross contamination (<1% overall) between entering and leaving air streams
- Lower operating sound levels than previous generation
- Compatible with CITY MULTI® R2- and Y-Series systems as well as S-Series and P-Series systems
Lossnay RVX Controls
A new remote controller specifically for the Lossnay RVX is also now available (PZ-61DR-E). The PZ-61DR-E includes many new and updated functions that increase the system performance and user experience. These include:
- Increased function setting capabilities
- 4-speed fan selection for:
- Exhaust Air
- Outlet Air
- Return Air
- Supply Air
- Selectable Fan Speed skip function
- Selectable night purge settings for scheduling and fan speeds
- Redesigned case
- MA series controller design
- Updated button style
- Full-dot LCD screen
For more information on these new ventilation innovations, please visit www.MitsubishiPro.com.